Followers

Sunday 8 May 2016

Tutorial - Altered Memory Box / Gift Box


Hello lovely people! Hope you all are doing well :) Today I'm sharing a pictorial of Wooden Memory Box.


Firstly, I would like to show you all what I am writing about and how actually it looks.. Please go through this video...




For this project I've used  "Floral Logs" and "Ornate Annie" paper packs by an Indian brand Bob n Betty from Crafters Corner.

This is the first time I'm working with Bob n Betty papers and the experience was amazing :)


So let's begin...

Materials required :
 
MDF box ( I've used 6x6" box),
Acrylic color of your choice,
Pattern Papers (14-15 sheets of 6x6"),
Cardstock (any color of your choice),
Ribbon,
Glue / Double sided thin tape,
Scissor,
And some decorative material (not compulsory).




                                                            
         Take your MDF (wooden) box.



1) Paint it with any acrylic color of your choice, from inside as well.
As some people don't like to paint , you can just color the borders of your box because when we will stick the pattern papers only the border will be visible. So you can save your time and colors by using this tip :P




2) Now cut your pattern papers for all the sides of your box, here my box size is 6x6 inches so I'm cutting my paper a little less than my box.



3) I started pasting my papers from the lid of the box.


 Cut down paper for all the sides.



 4) Cover all the sides of your box with pattern paper.
 




5) Cut two more pattern papers and paste them from inside as shown in the picture.



6) Now, take card stock of whatever size you have.. I measured 4.5 x 4.5 inches for each flap.



7) Make fan folds (accordion folds) as shown in the picture. As I want to add more photos and messages I want to add more flaps so leave some extra part (left side), this will help you to add more flaps.



8) Add glue / double sided thin tape on that extra part.



9) And stick another flap on it , make sure you do this on the back side.



This is how it will look from back. You can add as many flaps as you want by using the same technique...



10) Now we will need pattern papers for our flaps, so I have cut them a little less than 4.5 x 4.5 inch (flap size).



           Cut paper for all the flaps.



11) I've distressed the edges of papers with black distress ink. This is not compulsory, you can avoid this step but if you do, it gives a fine look to the edges of your paper.



 12) Than paste the papers on all the flaps.

Note: As you can see in this image I've added a ribbon on the top flap so that it is easy to pick up the flap from the box.




              Flaps are ready now.



13) Now apply glue on the back of last flap and stick inside the box.



    Your memory box is almost ready.


 
Now comes the decoration part :)

I've used some Flowers, Pearl Stickers and Lace to decorate my box.



This can also be used as a trinket box, jewelry box or add a little gift inside and give to your loved ones.


Hope you all like this and find it useful .. Do leave your comments below, would love to hear from you :)

Lots of love,
Rashmi Jajodiya

2 comments:

  1. Superb tutorial.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you liked it... thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete